Now that fall is upon us - I've actually had to pull out my heavy winter coat already - I thought I'd go through the styles/pieces I'm lusting after this season.
1. Shorts with Tights - the funny thing about this style is that I don't even wear shorts in the summer, but there's something about wearing them with tights and ankle boots that looks so amazing to me. As demonstrated by the ever-chic Nicole Richie, the best part about this is that it's a great way to seamlessly transition your summer wardrobe into a more fall-friendly look.
2. Crop Tops w/ High-Waisted Skirts - I love, love, love this look! I started noticing the crop top revival last spring, but it's definitely continued into the fall. I especially love the boxier, jersey variations on the crop top. And then, if you wear it with a high waisted skirt, or pant, there's no need to bare any midriff.
3. Knee-Length, Jersey Pencil Skirts - I've done the mini a lot, but there's something so elegant yet sexy about a fitted knee length (or even longer) pencil skirt. Many people may be scared of this length, but I assure you, if you give it a try, you'll be getting tons of compliments!
4. Lace-Up, Army-Inspired Ankle Booties - A very hot item right now. I also think it's quite versatile. In fact, combine these with the shorts/tights look in #1, or the crop top/high waisted looks in #2 & 3 and you've got a fierce look!
5. Camel Coats - Seen all over the FW 2010 fashion shows, this is a definite wardrobe must have. I'm still looking to add this to my coat rotation.
6. Flared Jeans - During the most recent season of Entourage, I saw Sloan (Emmanuelle Chriqui), wearing a pair of destroyed, flared jeans, and I just could not get this out of my head! I mean the last time I truly wore flared jeans (not the tamed boot-cut ladies), was in the 7th grade. For the past few years, I've stayed true to my skinny jeans/jeggings, but I'm actually pretty excited to try the extreme flare out again!
That's it for my lust-list. Do you agree, or do you all have others? I'd love to hear about them!